The Aspire Group, established in 2008 by Bernie Mullin, is a global Sport and Entertainment Marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche thereby revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular US Intercollegiate Athletics.
Current available jobs in Internship:
ARE YOU CONSIDERING A CAREER IN SPORTS BUSINESS/MARKETING OR COLLEGIATE ATHLETICS?
Here is your opportunity to be part of one of the most cutting edge agencies in sports business today! You will receive hands on experience at our Florida Atlantic FRMC in Boca Raton, FL, as well as have an opportunity to meet and work with some of the most influential leaders in Sports Business today!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
The Aspire Group is a global sports and entertainment firm partnering with clients to maximize revenue, people, and organizational performance. Aspire created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research, ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams.
Feel free to visit www.theaspiregroupinc.com for more information.
We are seeking a positive and passionate individual that is committed to personal development and critical thinking. The ideal Apprentice will receive direction from the Sr. Director, Sales and Service on staff. The Apprentice will have the opportunity to learn all phases of our sales and services processes for our current and prospective clients including but not limited to lead generation, proper sales techniques, cross selling multiple sports at one time, and sales tracking. You will have the opportunity to gain tangible working experience that builds a translatable work portfolio for your future career.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide day-to-day leadership and mentoring, while challenging you to think more analytically and strategically through professional projects. To provide additional value, we offer all Apprentices the opportunity to participate in all Raise Your Game Executive Development Program sessions that occur in our FAU Fan Relationship Management Center in Boca Raton, FL. Upon conclusion of the Apprenticeship, the Apprentice will have a deeper understanding of sales and services processes that separate our partners from everyone else, as well as business practices within the sport industry that are applicable to various industries.
- Understand how the sales calendar is laid out and why certain things are available during different times of the year
- Gain experience with using Ticketmaster Archtics Ticketing System to better understand the sales process
- Learn how to interpret key pieces of the conversation with potential customers to maximize potential results
- Acquire knowledge in the development of proposals and presentations for clients
- Brainstorm and generate new ideas for marketing of tickets within the sports and entertainment industry
- Think critically and strategically, ask questions, and challenge presumptions
- Foster and maintain the culture of learning and exploring
- Collaborate with other Apprentices and Sales Staff on the Aspire team
EXPECTATIONS FOR APPRENTICESHIP:
- Mentorship and guidance from the Sr. Director, Sales and Service
- Participation in weekly FRMC meetings conducted by the Sr. Director, Sales and Service
- Professional development tracking through weekly one-on-one meetings
- Intensive training at the onset of the Apprenticeship regarding core Aspire philosophies, sport industry knowledge, and market research fundamentals
- Development of a tangible working portfolio by the conclusion of the Apprenticeship
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in either an undergraduate, graduate college, university program, or recently graduated in the past 6 months in business, economics, marketing, market research, statistics, psychology, sport management (business) or related fields
- Basic knowledge of the sales process
- Excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and in teams
- A high-level of flexibility, curiosity, and enthusiasm with all tasks
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) proficiency is critical
No financial compensation is available. Apprentices are eligible to receive academic course credit. Students are responsible for providing documentation toward receiving academic credit for the Apprenticeship. This Apprenticeship offers a unique opportunity to learn from the best sports business professionals and could lead to career growth opportunities with The Aspire Group and/or Collegiate/Professional athletics.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ